Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A View from the AA highway

Fall is one of my favorite seasons.  And, Kentucky has a lot to offer in beautiful, scenic places.  Recently, I traveled the AA Highway from Grayson to Alexandria.  The colors were creating a myriad of spectacular views.  I know a lot of times we think of areas like the Red River Gorge, Pine Mountain, Cumberland Falls, when it comes to fall colors.  However, this AA Highway is a great place to view fall colors.  And, there are about five state parks in the vicinity....Kincaid Lake, Blue Licks, Carter Caves, Grayson Lake, and Greenbo.  Stay at one of these parks and enjoy the scenic beauty.
Moreover, there are quite a few covered bridges along the route that add to the beauty of this region.  I highly recommend this travel trip from Alexandria to Grayson.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.